Don't Miss Southlake Art in the Square this Weekend by Pamela Blaies

And We Danced
24" x 12"
oil on linen

You are invited to Southlake Art in the Square in Southlake, Texas
...this weekend!


And We Danced is my latest painting and I absolutely love how it turned out. It may not be dry enough to display this weekend in my exhibit at Southlake Art in the Square, but I wanted to share it fresh off the easel.  I did some sketches of the peach roses in preparation for this piece. I worked on suggesting light and gesture with as few brushstrokes as possible. Painting roses is challenging. The translucent petals catch the light, reflect the light and throw luminous shadows onto the underpetals. Observing a rose is fascinating to me. Here is a study from this week.

One Peach Rose
5" x 7"
oil on linen

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

Comments