Vintage at 4am


Vintage at 4am
Folley 332 Automatic Saw Retoother
Still Life
8 x 8
Oil on Panel
Randall Cogburn

Click to Purchase on eBay Auction

A late night of painting, I'm beat for sure. This is a view of my Foley 332 Automatic Saw Retoother. Not run by motor but a hand crank, going old school here. It will cut teeth into a hand saw blade. There are models of this that have the motor but this one is a hand crank which is even harder to come buy these days. One of these days I'll get it going, has some missing parts. This scene was painted under a normal 75 watt bulb and some in the distance fluorescent lighting. 

Here's a video of one being used at the Woodwright's School in Pittsboro N. C. where Roy Underhill teaches woodworking. Would love to go there some day, awesome stuff.

I plan on painting some of my vintage woodworking tools I have in the future so check back for more.


Comments