Daisy Hearts and Delphs - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1523545

Daisy Hearts and Delphs
by Nancy Medina
24X24
Oil on Deep Gallery Wrap Canvas


My new hydrangea DVD





Daisy Hearts and Delphs is the newest painting in Flower Mound Studio, another large canvas after weeks of small paintings. I felt the need to stretch those brushes! I couldn't decide whether to subdue the pinks on this one, or keep them full blast. Thanks to my Facebook friends who made some great suggestions and - the vote to keep the pinks strong was unanimous! I carried the orange around by moving it into the belly buttons of the daisies, and then scattered pink petals on the tabletop corners, too. I like to think of this part as getting my chicken out, strapping his boots on, and letting him walk that color around the canvas. That's my farm girl roots showing a bit...

Comments