Self Portrait - Oil Painting 40 X 30 by Texas Artist Anton Zhou


This self - portrait was completed just recently, and in it I incorporated a bit of a modern art style along with some abstract portrayal of it. The picture that I based this artwork on was an ordinary picture, specifically of me riding on a bus, but to take this reference to another level, I created my own composition of colors and planned out a different background, one that became a crucial role in the painting process as I approached the face of the artwork. The mixture of vivid colors in my face is actually a redefined part of the background in which I added many vibrant highlights. I find this style of art to be really effective when appealing to the eyes.

For more artwork, please visit my website at http://www.antonzhouartwork.com/

Comments