Skip to main content

Oil Painting of Prissy Dog

Oil Painting of Prissy, a Pretty Dog


PRISSY
oil on canvas panel
copyright V. Bridges Hoyt 2009

Looking Back at a Daily Painting of Prissy Dog

I came across this painting as I was cleaning out some image files. This was painted in 2009 when I was into completion of a painting a day. At the time I was turning out paintings at a fast pace and I barely had time to look at and critique a painting before it was listed and sold. When I stumbled across the painting of Prissy, I smiled. The painting was much prettier than I remembered it. Sometimes we need to slow down and observe what we are doing, not hurry the paintings out the door. I would have enjoyed having Prissy hanging on my own gallery wall for a few months, but the painting of Prissy went to a good home in Kansas, and for that I am glad.

View my newest works at TXsauce.net. Thank you.
Vernita Bridges Hoyt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

The Old Mill Study, Barbara Haviland

  #mill,#water,#building,#11x14,#BarbaraHavilandFineArt.com This painting was part of a study.  We had the photo and I painted it then watched the demo. I always do that.  I like to change my painting up a bit. It is painted on a hardboard panel that has canvas adhered to it.  I have used this method for years. I don't care for the spring of a stretched canvas.  Thanks for viewing my art ~~Barbara Available  GALLERY INFO Barbara Haviland Fine Art 1579 County Road 1010 Woodville, Texas 75979 409-332-0141 Website