Skip to main content

Violet Ballet Irises and Delphiniums - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina Art

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1663230

Violet Ballet Irises and Delphiniums
by Nancy Medina
16X16
Palette Knife/Oil on Deep Gallery Wrap Canvas

Violet Ballet is the newest daily painting in Flower Mound Studio. I just got a big shipment of deep gallery wrap canvases, and had been wanting to try something in the 16X16 size for quite some time. I love the size, it's just right for big, bold color! It's hard to get a good photograph of a palette knife painting, the paint is so thick and textured. On the surface, it looks like icing on a cake, if one were to eat a purple and blue cake, that is... 

One of the things I focused on in this composition was to place a strong horizontal element (the deep dark blue purple) in order to counter all of the vertical elements (the dancing irises and delphiniums). The horizontal strip of dark purple also helps to push the little grouping of white irises and green stems forward, adding depth and a bit more drama to the painting.



http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1663230

The studio models take a bow and a dip!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...