Blue Fire Sunflowers and Forgetting to Pack a Change of Clothes - Flower Painting Classes and Workshops by Nancy Medina Art

https://nancy-medina-82sz.squarespace.com/available-paintings/blue-fire-sunflowers

Blue Fire Sunflowers
by Nancy Medina
20X20
Oil on Deep Gallery Wrap Canvas





Blue Fire Sunflowers celebrates a fresh bouquet of sunnies I found at the market a few days ago, in the middle of an ice storm here in Flower Mound, Texas. I love applying a loose, vibrant mix of thick color in textured layers on a large format canvas. Something about the large size seems to really set the brush free. And Sunflowers are just about the best anti-freeze flower I can think of....

This evening I’m all packed up for my Shreveport workshop. The checklist: oils, palette, brushes, turp, canvas, flowers – the only thing I forgot to pack was a change of clothes. It wouldn’t be the first time (or the second!) I’ve arrived at a workshop without a change of clothes. I’ve learned how to wear the same sweater creatively and differently each day, add a scarf, put on an apron, the students never even noticed!



https://nancy-medina-82sz.squarespace.com/available-paintings/blue-fire-sunflowers

The studio models take a bow!

Comments