Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.


Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs Lazy Susan by Kristine Kainer

Acrylic on Handmade MDF (Furniture Grade) Lazy Susan
14-inch Diameter
NFS

Yesterday, you saw my oysters on the half shell Lazy Susan which I made for my father's Christmas present.  Today, Mom's gift takes center stage.

I grew up along the Eastern Seaboard, thanks to my dad's military service.  Though I now reside in Texas, I am often homesick for the delicious fresh shellfish that was in abundance for most of my life. As a sweet reminder of our time near the Chesapeake Bay, I painted this Lazy Susan for my mom.  (Actually, this was originally for Dad--sorry, Dad!--but I struggled painting all those crustaceans and Christmas loomed.  I switched his subject in order to ship in a timely fashion.) Thus, Mom has the crabs (the Lazy Susan crabs, that is).

Commissions welcome!

Available Paintings:  

#texasartist #coastalart #beachart

Kristine Kainer
AOT, AWA

Gallery Links:





No comments:

LinkWithin