A Texan's Viewpoint on the European Kiss ~ White Tulips ~ Nancy Medina Art Classes and Workshops


The Kiss - White Tulips
by Nancy Medina
16X16
Oil on Deep Gallery Wrap Canvas






There is just something about that European greeting, the kiss, that always takes me by surprise. Not that I don't like it, I could get used to it, but being a gal from Texas, we were taught "The Hug" rather than "The Kiss" and so going in for the hug and suddenly getting lips on your cheek is like discovering you're doing the Cotton Eyed Joe when your partner was intent on the Texas Two Step. It's really just a different point of view on a greeting, and one that is much warmer, even than a hug. Like I said, I could get used to this whole European thing! And it's a good thing, since my France workshop is coming up in August. Mon cher, I must pack again soon!


For now I'm finally back on Texas time, the unending rains have cut off the main road into and out of Flower Mound, and I'm so thankful, yet again, to be a work at home artist! We're not paddling around in boats, though it sure looks like it from the national news. Not to worry, I have plenty of Dove chocolate and crackers and cheese. I can hold up literally for days on such awesome rations!  

Here's a new video I created for you - break out the popcorn and enjoy a view of my workshop in Tuscany last week! Next stop, France! 

Click here for the Tuscany video!




The studio models take a bow!




Escape to Southern France!
August 4-14, 2015

Comments