"Appalachian Homestead" by Kyle Wood


"Appalachian Homestead" by Kyle Wood
4" x 6" Oil on Canvas

Here is one of my small paintings that I did this past week.  This cabin is located at Mountain Farm Museum in Cherokee, North Carolina, which is part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. My wife and I have spent the last two summer vacations visiting this national park.  It is one of the largest national parks in the United States.  I like painting historical places and was impressed on how much history has been preserved here.  Both trips have provided me new inspiration / ideas for paintings.  For the painting, I decided to paint this scene in autumnal colors.  This painting will be part of my upcoming "Scenic Excursions" Solo Art Exhibit at The Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas, TX. Show Opens on Saturday, September 26th.  More details to come!

To view more paintings, please visit me at  www.kwoodfineart.com.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts