Peonies, Fruit and Fabric by Kay Wyne


Peonies, Fruit, and Fabric
24" x 30" Oil on Canvas Panel
Contemporary Still Life Painting
I loved painting these peonies.  They were big and full, loose and colorful.  The background, apples and ceramic pitcher were more challenging than the flowers.  I was using a some new paints...Classic Oils, which I found to be very juicy and I liked the way I could move the paint around on the canvas.  It wasn't thick and gummy, it had the consistency of sour cream.  Concentrating on the shadows and the reflections, I was painting this still life in the Sahli Studio in Evergreen, Colorado.  Don is a wonderful artist and had some interesting set-ups in the studio.  Contact Kay for purchasing info.  This painting is framed in a dark moulding with gold lip.  Thanks for looking....Kay

Comments