Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.


Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Shell Design ..Semi Abstract...Pastel...Texas Artist...Rae Andrews



This is another semi abstract design done in pastels over acrylics.

I simply love this process. I never know the outcome, and these designs are always a challenge to me.

The whole surface is eventually covered in pastels in the form of pastel pencils and the soft variety sticks, after a fluid start with liquid acrylics and water.

I chose this elongated format as an added challenge, this gets me away from the 'expected' and I like the surprise .

The substrate is a white Richeson Sanded Board , which are fast becoming my favorite substrate for this mixed media work.


Original image is 20" x 7.7" (unframed
$150 plus S/H


Prints of this image and more are also available at:

 http://rae-andrews.pixels.com


Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com

Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com

No comments:

LinkWithin