Busy Busy by Kay Wyne


Busy Busy
40" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas 
Contemporary Abstract Painting
Layers of grey blues covered the canvas in the beginning, then I applied fresh color with the palette knife, scraping it back.  After several sessions with this canvas I pulled out a wide brush and some oil sticks drawing in lines and shapes.  That gave the painting movement on the canvas, adding interest and depth.   I pushed and pulled the paint around, moving it until I was satisfied.  Once I stood back from my easel I could see that the corals, pinks and oranges gave it energy.  The blues, greens and turquoise are cooler and give the painting balance along with a variety of lines, brush strokes, palette knife.  There are hints of yellow and creamy yellow in the painting....hidden under the layers.  The sides of the canvas are painted in the grey-blue color, and framing is optional.  Ready to have a new home, BUSY BUSY will be dry and varnished, ready for purchase soon.  Contact Kay Wyne for more information.  Thanks, KMW

Comments