Joy of Sunshine by Texas Artist Kathy Baker Mackey


 Joy of Sunshine
Sold!

 www.kathybakermackeyart.com
www.kmac.faso.com
kathymackey214@yahoo.com

Photo by Kathy Baker Mackey

The above photo, taken in 2012 near Italy, Texas has been the inspiration for many paintings!
Everytime I look at this pic, joy spreads across my face. It is like the Sunflower is the leader of the field of dancing flowers, spreading joy. I took this picture at a low point in my life. My mom was very, very ill. I had been told of the field of sunflowers and I just had to go. I got up really early and drove about an hour or so...arriving just after dawn. I was in awe! I couldn't believe my eyes. I had brought all of my cameras. I started clicking away...I had to be a spectacle...this being on a two-lane country road. I stood on the hood of my car...I knelt down, once even laying down(as Scott taught me). After about an hour of non-stop clicking, I knew I had to get back on the road. As, I traveled to visit my mom, a big smile spread across my face. It had been hard to find smiles in the previous days. But, these beautiful blooms brought and still brings the joy of "Son"shine to me!! I hope to you, too.

Blessings and hugs..

Comments