Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley Receives "Best in Show"


©2018 Niki Gulley • textured oil paintings

I'm so excited and honored to have received "Best in Show" at Webster Groves Art Fair this summer!

In my work I strive to capture the vibrant energy and intrinsic beauty of our natural surroundings so as to uplift one's spirits and suggest childlike wonder. In order to achieve the desired mood for my work, I combine an impressionistic flair for painting with a sculptor-like technique by applying paint thickly using palette knives, thereby creating multi-dimensional images. The resulting style achieves a richness of depth that explodes with color, flows with light, and evokes an emotional response. By utilizing vivid hues and contrasting the play of light and shadow to create drama, my broad energetic strokes add to a sense of vitality and motion, bringing my landscapes to life.  

For more information on contemporary impressionistic palette knife paintings, please e-mail Niki Gulley.

Or, check out my website at: nikigulley.com.

Comments