"Reflective Radiance" textured oil painting of Monet's Garden by Niki Gulley

SOLD • "Reflective Radiance" ©2018 Niki Gulley
Two 48" x 18" canvases with one 48" x 30" canvas in the middle to form a 48" x 66" triptych
Textured oil painting on wrap around canvas

Just Sold! I decided it would be a fun challenge to create an extremely large painting, and I wanted the final piece to be very uplifting, colorful and full of energy. Opting for warm colors and working with extremely thick paint and palette knives, I chose this lily pond reference from our visit to Monet's Gardens in Giverny, France. The grounds were breathtaking and I could actually see his paintings come to life. I was drawn to the energetic flow and yet calming serenity in this view, and I positioned the water lilies and my paint strokes in a curving pattern to add to that mood. The morning light peeking through the distant foliage added to a sense of mystery and promise that I wanted to capture in paint, and share with you that feeling of hope.

E-mail Niki Gulley for more information.

Visit NikiGulley.com to see more of my contemporary landscape paintings.






Comments