Skip to main content

Contemporary Colorful Landscape Painting ,Mixed Media, Fine Art For Sale, “Then The Clouds Rolled In” By Passionate Purposeful Painter Holly Hunter Berry


Do you ever look up at the sky and just stop to let your imagination create a story? Most likely your answer is yes. The inspiration for this painting, “Then The Clouds Rolled In” started with me pulling over to the side of the road and gathering photos with my phone. ( I wished I had my sketch book with me to at least note the wild variations of colors but I did try to recreate them in the painting.) I stayed there staring at the sky after I put my phone down and actually took the time to just enjoy and take in the incredible beauty before me. The trees in the distance were standing tall but fighting for importance as the clouds moved and colors shifted. The longer I stared the more the scene unfolded with rich symbolism and pieces of my personal history and of mankind began to weave a story. Do you still take time in your busy day to stop and look at the sky? Does this scene jog a memory of yours? Seems like whatever I imagined or was reminded of was an event of extreme significance and I felt needed to be painted. My work is not even close to the image I saw but I tried to recreate the emotional impact it left on me. Hoping it encourages you to slow down and look up into the sky!

20"x20" Mixed Media on Canvas

This painting is sold, however, commissions are welcome.

Learn about my weekly art classes HERE

View my upcoming Workshops HERE

Sign up for my Newsletter  HERE

SECOND SATURDAY OPEN STUDIO-Details

Visit https://HollyHunterBerry.com to view more of my work.

Follow Holly on Facebook
Follow holly on Pinterest
Follow Holly on Instagram  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...