Skip to main content

Day 1, Cinque Terre and Lake Como Art Trek with Niki Gulley and Scott Williams

"Vino for Two" ©2018 Niki Gulley • 10" x 8" oil painting

Cinque Terre and Lake Como Art Trek with Niki Gulley and Scott Williams
Day 1: Monterosso / the 5 Village Hike

We were greeted in Cinque Terre with gorgeous sunny weather, so the photographers and tourists headed out on our first morning on the 5 mile scenic hike high above, linking the five cities of the Cinque Terre, taking in breathtaking scenery along the way. With our paint gear, we opted to stay in Monterosso and capture this beautiful quiet courtyard, with its picturesque fountain and colorful tables. I love the courtyards in Italy – they are so warm and inviting, reminding us to relax and enjoy the moment rather than rushing onto the next thing on our list. Painted on location in Cinque Terre, Italy, I enjoyed hanging out here, taking in the sound of the fountain trickling, savoring the local red wine, and spending time conversing with my husband. I hope this painting reminds you of a similar special memory.

That evening we connected with the hikers and enjoyed a delicious dinner of fresh caught seafood, local pesto and pasta, and tasty Italian wine. A great end to a perfect first day!
***
If you're interested in joining us on one of upcoming Art Treks, please let us know. 
Spaces are filling up quickly, so don't wait!


Scotland - Aug. 2019
Tuscany Foodie Trek - Oct. 2019
Iceland - 2020

For more information on upcoming Art Treks, please visit http://www.ArtTreks.org.

***

To see more of my palette knife contemporary landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...