Skip to main content

New "Serpentine Drive" in Tuscany by Palette Knife Artist Niki Gulley

"Serpentine Drive" ©2019 Niki Gulley 
12" x 16" textured oil painting

Before we taught our Tuscany Foodie Trek, my husband and I spent a few days exploring the Tuscan countryside, painting and photographing the iconic scenery. "Serpentine Drive" illustrates one of the fascinating places we stopped with its mile long cypress lined drive. It felt like the trees snaked back and forth to infinity! Setting up my easel in late afternoon, I was able to capture the dramatic light as the setting sun illuminated the tops of the rolling hills and created long, dramatic shadows. Between the repetition of the vertical arbors and the horizontally flowing hills, the scene created a rhythmic harmony that added to the joy and serenity of the moment. 

If you're interested in joining us on one of upcoming Foodie or Art Treks, please let us know.


Venice, Italy Carnival - Feb. 2019
Scotland - Aug. 2019
Foodie Trek - Tuscany - Oct. 2019 - Only 1 Spot left!

For more information on upcoming Art Treks, please visit http://www.ArtTreks.org.

**********


To see more of my palette knife contemporary landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...