"Rooted Together" Palette Knife Poppy Painting by Niki Gulley

"Rooted Together" ©2019 Niki Gulley
24" x 12" textured oil painting on wrap around canvas, framed in an espresso floater frame

Rooted Together was inspired from a trip we took to Monet’s Gardens outside of Paris. Being a lover of impressionist paintings, I was awestruck standing in the footsteps of one of my favorite painters! The gardens have been maintained immacuately and I could see exactly where he painted his paintings. I’ve always loved purple irises and was particularly drawn to this view, with the irises large in the foreground and all of the colorful blooms leading up to his house behind them. Painted with thick oil paint and palette knife, this canvas is loaded with texture, surprising pops of color and energy.

"Rooted Together" along with several of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings are available through my gallery, the Good Art Company, in Fredericksburg, TX at goodartcompany.com/gacart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=25&sort=20a&page=1&z.

For more details on my other contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, please e-mail Niki Gulley.

Or, check out my website at nikigulley.com to see more of my colorful landscape palette knife paintings.

***

For more information on our Foodie Treks and our painting and photography Art Treks in Europe, please check out ArtTreks.org. If you'd like to join us in Tuscany this September, please let me know.

E-mail - Niki Gulley

Comments