"Rhapsody in Bloom II" Palette Knife Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley

"Rhapsody in Bloom II" ©2019 Niki Gulley
20" x 20" textured oil painting

I painted these cheerful tulips from life in my backyard garden. With all of our rain this year, I had a bumper crop and wanted to capture the joy I felt seeing them signaling that winter was finally over and spring had begun! Created with palette knife and thick paint, this piece is bursting with color and texture. Blurring out the background, you can focus on each individual flower. Creating a circular composition within the square format creates a harmony and flow, while unblended diagonal marks add to the energy and happiness of the moment. I hope these tulips brighten your day and lift your spirits, too.

For more information on Rhapsody in Bloom II, please contact my new gallery:

Brandon Jacobs Gallery
319 East 55th Street

Kansas City, MO


***

E-mail Niki Gulley.

Or, check out my website at nikigulley.com to see more of my contemporary landscape palette knife paintings.

Comments