Skip to main content

"Rhapsody in Bloom II" Palette Knife Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley

"Rhapsody in Bloom II" ©2019 Niki Gulley
20" x 20" textured oil painting

I painted these cheerful tulips from life in my backyard garden. With all of our rain this year, I had a bumper crop and wanted to capture the joy I felt seeing them signaling that winter was finally over and spring had begun! Created with palette knife and thick paint, this piece is bursting with color and texture. Blurring out the background, you can focus on each individual flower. Creating a circular composition within the square format creates a harmony and flow, while unblended diagonal marks add to the energy and happiness of the moment. I hope these tulips brighten your day and lift your spirits, too.

For more information on Rhapsody in Bloom II, please contact my new gallery:

Brandon Jacobs Gallery
319 East 55th Street

Kansas City, MO


***

E-mail Niki Gulley.

Or, check out my website at nikigulley.com to see more of my contemporary landscape palette knife paintings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...