Skip to main content

"Evolving Seasons" Large Scale Quad Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley


"Evolving Seasons" ©2021 by Niki Gulley
Four 48" x 36" textured oil painting to form a 48" x 144" quadriptych

I wanted to create a large horizontal quadriptych, or four piece painting, that would flow from one season to the next to show the beauty of the forest throughout the year. Working on such a large scale invites you to step right into the scene and take a walk through the woods, enjoying all of the peace and joy that nature has to offer.

Here you can see all four paintings in a row, flowing from spring to summer and fall to winter. Rather than show the same exact scene at four different times of year, I decided I would rather show one long forest evolving from one season to the next to create a better harmony across the canvases. From the ground gently undulating underneath, to the pine trees flowing from canvas to canvas, to the rhythm created from aspens and oaks repeating, to the foliage and pops of color emerging and drifting into the distance, all elements are designed to add to the flowing symphony in "Evolving Seasons.

To see my "Evolving Seasons" series, please visit the Good Art Company Gallery in Fredericksburg, TX at goodartcompany.com/gacart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=25&sort=20a&page=1&z.

***
For more details on my other aspen and birch paintings, please e-mail Niki Gulley.

Or, check out my website at nikigulley.com to see more of my contemporary landscape palette knife paintings.

https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...