Skip to main content

New "Awakenings" by Niki Gulley Will Be Exhibiting at Grand Rapids Art Prize

 


"Awakenings" ©2021 Niki Gulley 

Four 36" x 36" canvases to form a 72" x 72" quadriptych • Textured Mixed Media Painting


In “Awakenings” I wanted you to feel that child-like wonder of staring up into the treetops, mesmerized by the scene overhead. I’ve arranged the trunks in a spiral pattern so that you have the sense of laying on the ground, surrounded by the woods as they connect with the heavens above. Flowing from one season to the next, my goal is to not only show the beauty of nature, but also bring awareness to the importance of protecting our forests. Trees are the lifeblood of our planet. We are their stewards, and as such, it is up to us to ensure their survival. The ascending vortex and the seasons continuous transitioning, reminds us of the cyclical forces of life and what our place can be within it. Possibilities are endless. Relax. Contemplate. Dream. 

***

I'm honored that this painting will be exhibited at Grand Rapids International Art Prize! Here is how it will be displayed in the lobby at 234 Apartments in September. If you are in the area, please check it out.



For more details and purchasing information on "Awakenings," please e-mail Niki Gulley.

Or, check out my website at nikigulley.com to see more of my contemporary landscape palette knife paintings.

https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...