Skip to main content

"Jessie" ~ watercolor figure by Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee


"Jessie"
15" x 22" Watercolor, acrylic, charcoal on paper

In October I took a 3 day figure workshop with Daily Painter, Liz Hill, in Houston. Each morning we had a different model to draw and then we'd paint in the afternoon after the model went home. The models allowed photos to be taken. I've had three more workshops since then and haven't been able to paint and use anything I learned at the figure workshop. So Saturday and Sunday right before the Western Federation deadline, I finally had an opportunity to paint "Jessie" from one of my photographs. Liz draws from live models about three times a week but at this stage in my figure painting I need a photograph. I really enjoy mixing up the media and combining it with the charcoal. I want to pursue this way of working and schedule another Houston trip for the next Liz Hill workshop. Western Fed is a juried art show and allows 3 entries per person and artists will be notified if they got in after the first of the year.

Contact NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Nancy Standlee Art Blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...