Skip to main content

Purple House, Light in the Window, architecture, landscape, oil painting by Texas artist V. Bridges-Hoyt


ART.  The Purple House,  oil on 14x11 inch canvas. Certificate of Authenticity included. Click on image to see enlarged detail. © V. Bridges Hoyt 2009


Select one: unframed / framed




Email artist@vbridgeshoyt.com for optional terms.



The Purple House is located in Old Town Spring, Texas, across the court from The Garden of the Dragonfly art gallery. One and a half years ago I set up my easel on the front porch of Texas Sauce Studio and began to paint The Purple House plein aire, but the painting was not to be finished until today. When I first moved my studio into the Old Town Spring location, an attorney's office resided in the Purple House. After the attorney moved out, the house sat empty for several months until the antique proprietor signed a rental agreement. The house sits on a busy corner, and the antique store appears to be doing well. Alive and active, the Purple House again has a light in the window.

Our newly arrived Fall weather would be nice for more plein aire painting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...