Skip to main content

Triptych by Kay Wyne

This is my first triptych that I have painted and I really enjoyed working on it. Even though there are three canvases to work on, it all needed to flow together as one piece of art. It is a commission piece that I painted for a client who had a couple of guidelines. First, it had to be a horizontal piece, only 24 inches high. Could be any length because the designated wall was very large.

Secondly, my color scheme was limited, but not limited. (I guess that I mean I was limited, but still had great colors to work with. Kind of like looking at the glass of water…is it half full or half empty?) My client asked that I use the following colors: Blue, just not purpley blue. Metallic silver, and dash of orange would be fun. No bright blues. No yellow. No sage green. No pink. Taupe, silver, neutrals, black, turquoise, dash of purple, little bit of red, browns, whites, beiges would all be good to use.

So, with those guidelines, I set out to paint this triptych. I used my favorite medium, oil paints. I did experiment with some new oil pastels. You can see the pastels if you look closely because it almost looks like a crayon on top of the paint. I used the palette knife to give the paint texture, along with some wide brush strokes. Several persons who have viewed this see a battleship in the painting. There is a horizon in the painting, and a battleship if your eye sees the focal point as a battleship. I painted an explosion of color, with lines, and shapes. I certainly don’t want this painting to be dull or boring, but exciting and uplifting. I hope that my client hangs the panels of canvas with space between each canvas---maybe a couple of inches. The overall size would be 24 by 40 if there would be two inches between the canvas panels. So, I think that I accomplished what I wanted to do on this piece, and following the guidelines of size and color. I hope you enjoy viewing my artwork.

To view more art: www.kwyne.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...