Honor Guards - Thaw Malin iii

"Honor Guard"




"Honor Guards", is a Medium size painting, 18"x 24", oil on canvas, unframed.



Although reworked recently, this medium size painting was created in July, out on location. It was a foggy afternoon/evening. The light source was muted and unchanging. I was able to work for much more than my 2 hour limit without fear of losing my initial vision due to shadows moving. I have always loved to paint tall daylilies and these were as tall as me. I could look straight at them instead of down upon them, giving me opportunity to put in their landscaped background, the Polly Hill Arboretum...



If you'd like to purchase, please click Go to my Auction, bidding starts at $300.00 US.



Subscribe to my "New Paintings" mailing list. Each day that I create a new painting it will be sent to your email box.
Other works found at Thaw Malin Art

Comments