Skip to main content

Tree of Life, figurative pastel freehand drawing by Texas daily painter V. Bridges Hoyt

To purchase this piece or inquire about a commissioned painting,


10003
Tree of Life
© V. Bridges Hoyt 2010
9x12 inch pastel study on Conte Mi-Tientes black paper
figurative, freehand drawing

Why is it kids will climb to the tip top of a scrawny old tree just for the fun of it when adults will not 'go out on a limb' to follow their passion?



My pastel drawing today was inspired by a photograph provided by Wendy Castillo of Grapeland, Texas, and used with permission. The girl in the tree is Wendy's daughter. 

I love that pose. The climb to the top of the tree says so much about life. I would venture a guess that all of us have been in the top of a tree at some time in our lives ... in one way or another ... wondering where I go from here.

The pastel drawing is my study for a larger oil painting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...