Skip to main content

Cut Loose - Irises and Daylilies by Nancy Medina

Cut Loose - Irises and Daylilies by Nancy Medina
11X14
Oil on Canvas
Daily Painters Gallery

Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

I've been watching our rhizomes like a nervous mother for weeks, and this afternoon our first iris burst forth in full bloom - the Violet Miracle! What an appropriate name for such an amazing flower. Thanks to the green thumbs of Donna and Joe at Argyle Acres Iris Farm, our new flower bed is populated with their prodigy and after a long winter, our blooms are bearing fruit (so to speak).

I haven't made it out to Argyle Acres yet, though they opened their doors for the season April 10. It is on my to-do list as soon as I return from my solo show in Coronado, CA, on April 17. I hope you will stop in and say hello if you are in the San Diego area that day. I'll be painting in the garden of Art and Frames by Wood Gallery from 11 am to 4 pm. I am hoping the official island greeting bird will be singing another solo this year as I set up my easel and I can hardly wait to get a few hundred photos of the cottage flower gardens there, replete with picket fences and sunshine! I would love to see you there...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...