Skip to main content

Ireland oil painting by Niki Gulley


"Ring of Kerry," Ireland ©2010 Niki Gulley
12" x 24" oil painting

This painting is inspired from our trip to the UK a couple of years ago. Unfortunately it rained solid for 27 of our 30 days abroad – and that was their "dry" season! We finally got a moment of reprieve on our drive around the Ring of Kerry in Ireland, when we came across this beautiful vantage point. The rain eased up for a few minutes and we could enjoy this panoramic view of the bay. I loved the multi-colored hydrangeas in the foreground adding a punch of color to all of the greens and grays and the dramatic lighting created from the sun trying to break through the cloud cover.

I'll be showing this piece at the Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas as part of the "Finding Her Voice" show, a tribute to women artists. Stop by the artists reception this Sunday or visit dutchartusa.com for more information.


Comments

martinealison said…
Very beautiful work with a lot of colors... I like it very much.

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...