"Lake Morning" original oil painting by Gwen Bell
















©2010 Gwen Bell
16 X 24 oil on canvas
SOLD

I rarely do landscapes but liked the mirror image
of this scene. Early mornings on the lake are so
incredibly peaceful. No sound except for the birds
and the occasional fish jumping in the water.

My family is fortunate to own a house on 2 acres right
on the shores of Lake Tawakoni in East Texas. It is an
old farm house that my Grandfather built in the 1920's. My
Aunt and Uncle moved the house from Dallas in the 1960's.
The house was cut in half and hauled it on 2 huge trailers
in the middle of the night. It was a haven for us as kids
then, and in turn, for my boys.

My son's inherited the house when my Aunt and Uncle
passed. We now spend many fun times taking care of the
place, hiking, looking at the stars and enjoying morning
coffee to a scene very much like the above painting.

To see
more of my work, please visit my blog
or
online portfolio.

Comments

Popular Posts