A Little Love - Sunflower Bouquet by Nancy Medina

A Little Love, Sunflower Bouquet
by Nancy Medina
8X10
Oil on Canvas
Daily Painters Gallery

Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

This oil painting is based on one of my favorite flowers, the sunflower. I planted 9 packets of sunflower seeds in my garden yesterday in hopes of many yellow bloomers later this spring. I mixed them up liberally, putting giants in with the little multicolor ones, and I have them in pots and beds.

I grew up on an organic farm in East Texas and my parents used to grow giant sunflowers to help attract the insects off the vegetable crops. I remember standing barefoot and gazing up into the wide, warm faces of the big sunflowers, and later tasting the seeds toasted fresh from the oven. What good memories!

Comments

Popular Posts