May Moon - Thaw Malin iii

"May Moon"



"May Moon", this is a small painting, 6" x 8", oil on canvas panel.



This view always makes me feel as if I'm at the top of the island. Dramatic light makes it feel more so. As the daylight faded to moonlight, I was finishing up and four different "invisibilities" of Whip-poor-wills, in as many directions began to serenade me. Climbing back down from the ridge top I became aware of even more calling off in the distance. Besides their call being so distinctive, they are themselves, not quite like any other birds out there...



If you'd like to purchase, please click Go to my Auction, bidding starts at $100.00 US.


Subscribe to my "New Paintings" mailing list. Each day that I create a new painting it will be sent to your email box.
Other works found at Thaw Malin Art

Comments