Skip to main content

"Prickly Pear" by Gwen Bell





















©2010 Gwen Bell
6 X 6 oil on canvas

Sold

Here in Texas Prickly Pear grows like a weed. I have
always
taken it for granted. This one was not particularly
prickly. While painting this and upon close observation
I
noticed for the first time just how
exotic and unique this
plant is. Exotic or Alien?
It really does look it comes from
another planet!


Each bud bursts into a big yellow flower and after
that, the juicy purple/red fruit appears. If you've ever
eaten
Prickly Pear Preserves you know just how delicious
it is...very much like Strawberry. The pulp of the leaf
also tastes great fried and
served with eggs or as a side dish.

To see
more of my work, please visit my blog
or
online portfolio.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...