Summer Song Wildflowers by Nancy Medina

Summer Song Wildflowers by Nancy Medina
12X16
Oil on Linen Board
Daily Painters Gallery

Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

I grew up on an organic farm in East Texas, decades before organic grocery stores populated the yuppy neighborhoods of the Metroplex. This painting is of the front five acres from our farm. In the hot summer months, Indian Paintbrush would fill the field with color. Straight back behind those trees was the little house where I grew up. We never wore shoes in the summer, and spent most of the days riding our bikes and exploring the woods out in this undeveloped area of Texas.

Times have changed so much now, it makes me sad to think this land will not be our family farm someday. For now, my mother has a small garden of tomatoes and peppers outside her door, and my Aunt helps keep them watered and tended under mom's careful supervision. It's like heaven to visit.

Comments