
Hide N Seek
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara
When you look at the painting, the lemon in the bowl and the one behind it are hiding from the lemon in front.That's what I was thinking when I came up with the title for this one. I set this still life up to test myself in seeing values. The white bowl on the white piece of paper was a real challenge. The shadows are very strong, so it could have been easy to turn this into a black and white painting if I wasn't careful. In just about every painting I do, there is always one little area or brushstroke that seems to give me great satisfaction and I suspect most artists have this feeling about their work. Sometimes, it's the highlight laid down with one swipe of a loaded brush or the crisp edge from a pallet knife stoke. In this painting, it's the peppers on the side of the bowl. I believe I used 5 brushstrokes to paint all of them. I love it when things go like that!
To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog
Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com
If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog
Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com
If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.
Comments