Sliced Apple - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Sliced Apple
3x5 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

One of the appeals of oil painting for me is the option to use a painting knife, which allows for a very thick application of the paint and strong edges. It also lend itself to some very interesting color blending since the knife can blend the colors as you're painting with it. I just got a new set and wanted to test them out. They looked so shiny and clean sitting next to my pallet and I knew I couldn't leave them like that! While normally I believe you should use the correct tool for the job at hand, I really wanted to practice with my new knifes. I did almost this entire painting with them. I used a few brush strokes in the end to clean up a few of the edges and correct a little drawing here and there, but that's about it.



To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.

Comments

Popular Posts