Skip to main content

Garden Peppers - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Garden Peppers
3x5 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Still messing around with my set up from Friday. I added a plate to one side of it and then put these peppers from the garden in there. In keeping with my idea to paint little sub-sections of this larger still life set up, I did this close up of the peppers. The subtle shades of green in the peppers were challenging to paint. At one point I mixed up a color for the peppers and actually had to hold my brush right next to it to see if the color was correct. I'm sure this seems really obvious to do, but it just struck me. It's a real eye opener to how off my color mixtures where until I did this. It reminds me that I must make sure to pay attention to what I am actually seeing and not what I think I'm seeing. Ah, one of the biggest struggles in painting...seeing!

To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...