Sans Souci - Red Rose Lane by Nancy Medina16X20
Oil on Linen Board
Daily Painters Gallery
Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog
My art newsletter went out yesterday and it occurred to me about halfway through it that everything I've painted lately has been a wish for a summer haven, sans souci. Perhaps it's the triple digit Dallas heat or being able to identify for the first time with Spaniards who sleep for four hours in the afternoon and wake up at 9 pm to have dinner and start the second half of their day. It is sometimes hard to believe the same broiling sidewalk outside my studio once had 14 inches of snow atop it and a snowman whose head kept falling off.
For those living in hotter places, I promise to stop complaining now, and focus instead of continuing to produce at least on canvas the places I'd rather be! Thank goodness for an air conditioned studio well stocked with four-footed helpers. Take a peek at my art blog to see what's coming next to Flower Mound Studio....
Comments