Senior, Junior and the Third5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara
While painting this, I realized I really need to get one of those large painting umbrellas. The whole time I was in direct sun, making it very difficult to judge any subtle value changes and color temperature. I've read that when presented with this problem to make sure both the palette and the painting are in the same light with nothing casting a shadow over either one. This helped a bit, but one thing I would tell other painters is to make sure both are not in direct light, if possible. About halfway through the painting I moved my easel and pallet so they where in indirect light, and, suddenly, I could see what I was doing so much better.
To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog
Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com
If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog
Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com
If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.
Comments