INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS DAY

14x11 Oil on Canvas
Painted after Amedeo Modigliani
"Jeanne Hebutern in a Large Hat"



Tomorrow is International Artists Day. To celebrate I am featuring an artist that I admire, Amedeo Modigliani. He was an Italian artist born in 1884 and died in 1920 of tuberculosis. If you are not familiar with his work he painted elongated faces and necks. In his short life he completed many paintings, sculpture and works on paper. He led an interesting life and if you enjoy reading biographies I recommend Modigliani and The Artists of Montparnasse by Kenneth Wayne.

I posted this today because tomorrow I don't know if I will have wifi for my computer. Take some time tomorrow and visit The Daily Painters International Art Gallery and view what other artists are doing to celebrate.

Click HERE to visit Linda Popple's Blog and see more of her work.

Comments

Popular Posts