Skip to main content

Moment of Reflection pastel by Niki Gulley


“Moment of Reflection” ©2010 Niki Gulley
Pastel • 24” x 36”

When we visited London, it rained pretty much all day every day but somehow that added to the experience and was actually quite beautiful at night when the city lights reflected off the wet cobbled streets. A few raindrops never slow the English down, so in “Moment of Reflection,” I wanted to capture that energy of the moving masses and I liked how that contrasted against the one non-mobile person on the corner. What are they waiting for or thinking about? I their contemplative state adds to the mystery and magic of the moment.

To see “Moment of Reflection” in person, stop by the Bayou City Art Festival in Houston this weekend. I’ll be displaying my latest paintings and night scenes at booth #480 – on Walker St. between Bagby & Smith Streets facing City Hall. See BayouCityArtFestival.com for more information.

Or, e-mail me at Niki@NikiGulley.com for more information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...