Skip to main content

Ardent - Palette Knife Oil Painting by Judy Mackey

"Ardent"
6 x 6 inches, Oil on Board
$90.00 - Available

I've been painting angels and angels and angels it seems and this one was going to be a study for another "couple angel".  I had it sketched with my brown pencil but I didn't quite like it....it sat around in my stack of 6 x 6 boards waiting it's fate.  

So this afternoon as I was looking for another board to tone to get ready for more painting I grabbed this board and was going to wipe the pencil sketch off with some turpentine when I realized that the posture of the two was rather nice.   I outlined it with some brown paint and then the next bit was to put down red for the dress - suddenly it came alive.  I didn't want to mess with it and lose that "feeling"....because it was when I painted the red the word "Ardent" popped in my head.

This painting came together so quickly and I'm really pleased with it...I hope you will feel the same way too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...