Fresh Picked Lemon Drops - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Fresh Picked Lemon Drops
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

We've had this tree for a for years now and it's never really produced any fruit. The few little lemons it did create never ripened and were always very small. Last spring, I pruned the tree down a bit and made sure to fertilize it well over the summer. I also moved it to a spot that got more sun. Well, all my work seems to have paid off now as the tree is finally producing fruit! It still takes them a long time to ripen; in fact, I picked these today after the tree spent the winter inside keeping warm with these already growing on the branch. I'm hopeful I'll continue to get fruit from this tree since I really enjoy being able to include the leaves and branches in my paintings.

Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com


Comments