Skip to main content

Jungle Love Poppies by Nancy Medina

Jungle Love Poppies by Nancy Medina
20X20
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas

My Daily Painters Gallery
Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

Jungle Love is sprouting in Flower Mound Studio today, another new painting in preparation for Dallas Arboretum Artscape. This new work is based on the beautiful poppies of Salt Lake City Utah, and the hundreds of photos I took while visiting a friend there last year. It was a great trip, and a fun girl's weekend I'll never forget, even though we had a close encounter with a bear. I know I won't forget it, since I'm still having nightmares about that bear! Fortunately, I was not eaten by the bear, who turned and ran as soon as s/he placed its brown eyes upon our astonished group. We were frozen in place, bear gawkers extraordinaire. Although most bears can't count, it seemed that numbers mattered to this one, since we were a bigger group, off went the bear! A happy ending. And even happier, now, that I have these lovely memories of time spent with good friends, and these lovely poppy photos, too. Take a peek at my blog to see the poppies that inspired Jungle Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...