Remembrance in Red Sunflowers and Lilies by Nancy Medina

Remembrance in Red Sunflowers and Lilies
by Nancy Medina
16X20
Oil on Linen Board

My Daily Painters Gallery
Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

Remembrance in Red is a new work in Flower Mound Studio, and a new approach for me to a favorite subject. I've never painted red sunflowers before, at least not intentionally, and found these beauties at the grocery store this evening. My list included chicken, advil, fruit and veggies. My list did not include flowers. But how could I have walked past these? Could you? I named this new painting in honor of my muse, my grandmother. Her talent was boundless, and her encouragement and love for me was much more than I deserved. She was a master with the needle, and her embroidery and needlepoint fills my home and my studio. Sometimes I lay my fingers on the surface of her works, imagining and remembering the hours I watched her pull a needle through fabric. I miss her every single day. Take a peek at my art blog to see the red flower bouquet that inspired Remembrance in Red.




Comments