Anchored at Johnson Park - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Anchored at Johnson Park
9x12 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

This is another painting I did in Marble Falls during the Paint the Town Plein Air Festival. I actually painted this scene twice; the first one I wiped off after about 90 minutes of painting. I just wasn't happy with the direction the painting was heading and sometimes it's just easier to start over rather than continue to struggle.  After a short break for lunch (back to the Bluebonnet!), I returned to the park and tried this scene again from a different angle. This time I was happier with my results even though the boat moved so much on the water that it proved to be a real challenge to paint. It never stayed in one spot. The wind, which was very strong that day, just kept blowing it around. In fact, I had to remove my umbrella from my easel since the wind almost carried it away at one point. In order to paint the boat, I had to wait for it to return to the sweet spot, paint a little of it, watch it shift, and then wait again for about five minutes.  That's commitment to the subject, but what a day...!


Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

Comments