Spring Blooms - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Spring Blooms
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 Right around the end of February when the weather started to turn nice here in Texas, my wife and I bought a few flowers for our garden. In the past, we have not done well with flowers. I'm not sure why since our vegetable garden seems to do well. This year we vowed to do better with them. I planted them into clay pots with the hopes of keeping them alive long enough to paint once or twice. Well, I'm happy to report that not only did we manage to keep them alive, they are thriving. All of them have more than doubled in size and blooms. This is the third time I've been able to paint these since we got them. They are going strong and so far haven't shown any signs of slowing down. One of the reasons I think they are doing so well is my 18 month old daughter just loves to dead head them (picking off the flowers that died). Of course she also get's a lot of flowers that are still in their prime, but it seems to be working. Now I only wish I had used larger clay pots since these might be maxed out in their current planters.

Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

Comments

Sheriart said…
Beautiful colors and design. Nice job.