Sunday Tradition - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Sunday Tradition
9x12 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

This painting reminds me of my childhood. Growing up in an Italian home, every Sunday we had pasta for dinner. All day long the sauce (red lead, gravy, Sunday sauce - take your pick) would simmer on the stove with rest of the ingredients sitting close by to be added at the proper time. Cans of tomatoes, garlic, onions and olive oil would all wait their turn to flavor the meal. A pinch of this, a little more of that, let it simmer for an hour, taste and repeat. On and on it goes for hours. It's a tradition that my wife and I continue to this day, especially since this has turned out to be my little girl's favorite meal of the week. 

Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

Comments