Skip to main content

FOUR HYDRANGEAS by Linda Popple

8x6 on Cradled Panel

Click HERE to view my blog.

Learning to paint is learning to see. More contrast. More contrast. To create you must think: cool, warm, related color, reflected color, dark, light, thick, thin, dissimilar spaces, opposite contrasting movements,---like music, slow, fast,; but all must relate to create symphony both on canvas or in the music hall. Every painting needs active and quiet areas and feeling of poetry and drama. If painting gray day, make it gray. Use gray and silver. If painting sunny day, use oranges, red, yellows, greens—make it happy. Every element of painting must tie together, must have unity, must express mood." -Sergei Bongart


This is such a fantastic quote and one that hits home for me! I've been reading a little about other artists and viewing their work. Dan McCaw is one artist that I've liked as soon as I discovered him. I'm trying to simplify and look at shapes and design more than the object I am painting. I am discovering new ways to look at everyday objects and it is exciting! I want to use less detail and push the boundaries (whatever those self imposed boundaries are). It is a bit scary in some ways to leave the familiar to explore and experiment. But, growing in art is why I began this blog.

$100.00 free shipping in US



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...